Let your child's imagination run wild with our free Once Upon a Time Card Game!
Dress them up in their favourite prince or princess costume and have fun playing our Once Upon a Time Card Game. Designed to boost your child’s imagination and creativity while having fun through the art of storytelling. What’s more it also builds literacy skills in sequencing, vocabulary development, narrative and comprehension.
Let’s get ready to play…
- Download the Once Upon a Time Card Game HERE.
- Print the PDF in colour on single sheets.
- Cut out all the cards (Optional step: laminate to make the paper sturdier).
- Shuffle the cards and place them face down in a pile.
- The youngest child starts by taking the card from the top of the pile and beginning with “Once upon a time…”. They then incorporate the picture on the card in their story.
- The next child continues the story by picking up the next card on the pile and so on. You can even join in!
- Place the cards in a line as the story develops so they can visually see the sequencing.
- At the end when all the cards have been used up encourage your child/children to retell the story, using the cards as prompts.
- You can even take it to the next level and get your children to act out the story!